Due to the progressive nature of type 2 diabetes, initial monotherapy may not provide optimal glucose control over time. Presented by Professor Kamlesh Khunti and
Dr Saqib Mughal, this interactive webcast will focus on key factors that need to be considered when deciding upon therapy options for people with type 2 diabetes, and when to intensify, switch or de-escalate treatment. These experts in diabetes will also consider how to reduce regimen complexity, and how this can benefit both the HCP
and person with type 2 diabetes.
Why join this webcast?
- Understand the current NICE guidance for individualisation of therapy in
type 2 diabetes
- Recognise scenarios when switching or intensification of therapy should be considered in type 2 diabetes
- Weigh up pros and cons of different glucose-lowering therapy options for a person with type 2 diabetes
- Put forward your own clinical care questions in a live Q&A session
- Use what you learn for the purposes of revalidation (CPD accreditation has
been sought for the webcast)
Click here to view the full webcast agenda and speakers
This webcast is part of an initiative sponsored by the Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly Diabetes Alliance to develop and provide resources addressing core topics of relevance for HCPs working in diabetes in the UK, while also providing information focused on the perspectives of GPs, nurses and pharmacists. Further resources can be found at:
We hope you will be able to join us for what promises to be an insightful and engaging webcast.
The Steering Committee
Wasim Hanif, Professor of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Birmingham
Saqib Mughal, GP Principal, Saltley, Birmingham
Julie Brake, Diabetes Specialist Nurse Lead, Liverpool
Phil Newland-Jones, Consultant Pharmacist, Southampton
Register online today at:
To book your place, please contact:
The Events Team, OmniaMed SB, 1.01 Cargo Works,
1–2 Hatfields, London, SE1 9PG
Tel: 0203 735 8244