Teachers and careers advisers are often involved in arranging and improving work experience programmes for students with the NHS.
Devon Training Hub is concentrating on providing work experience within the Primary Care Setting, however Health Education England have published some really useful toolkits which covers all areas of working within a health care setting.
We are also able to help you with careers fairs, even though we are currently working under difficult conditions due to COVID-19. We are still able to help with any virtual careers fairs/talks until we can do these events face to face again. If you would like to discuss this further please contact myself Kathy Deakin on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are able to connect students to suitable placements which have been pre arranged with practices throughout Devon. Just get your student to fill in the application form and return to us. We will work with the placement provider to ensure they have a quality and well planned work experience placement.
Download the free toolkit which:
- explains how the NHS works
- dispels some common myths
- provides information and practical tips on how to set up a placement
- manages student expectations
- gives examples of good practice from trusts which are already running successful work experience programmes
- contains template forms to support setting up a work experience programme